Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Overall responsibility for the satisfaction of the client.
- Assists in all stages of project management from contract negotiation to project completion.
- Proficient in understanding and working with various contract types and forms of project execution.
- Ensures constant communication with all team members to identify potential problems, formulate recommendations and solutions.
- Develops and monitors project schedule and budget and coordinates with in-house and contract team members.
- Assures that assigned projects are completed within budget and time frame, in compliance with company and client specifications and in accordance with contracts.
- Plans, schedules, reports, evaluates, documents and troubleshoots all aspects of assigned projects
- Knowledgeable about project management software, codes and processes required by the company, client and federal, state and local agencies.
- Schedules and conducts project planning meetings with project participants and client representatives.
- Assists in cost estimation, equipment selection and procurement tracking.
- A four-year degree in engineering or a bachelor’s degree in another technical discipline or business administration with an emphasis on project management preferred.
- Professional and positive approach at all times, self-motivated and strong in building relationships both within the company and with the client.
- Inspire confidence with the client about the company’s capabilities.
- Demonstrates team building and leadership skills, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for intra-company, client, vendor and industry discussions.
- Document project related activities and decisions in writing.
- Anticipate and chart upcoming expenditures and work closely with the accounting group and the client to verify project budget, expenses and confirm costs and manhours.
- Interact with clients and vendors about project clarification, outlining solutions and documentation of costs and time required for project changes.
- Follow scope changes and draft and present any required change orders to client.
- Delegate project-related tasks and follow-up to confirm results.
- Skilled in negotiating with contractors and suppliers for materials and services.
- Managing diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
- Provide oversight and direction for contractors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and project management tools.
- Make regular, accurate reports to company management and clients.
- Respond positively to the needs of clients, company management and colleagues.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Communicate ideas for improvement to company management.
- Strategic thinking
- Problem solving/analysis
- Multiple project management
- Communication proficiency
- Personal effectiveness/credibility