Read the following job description to see if you are the person we are looking for to join the NG Resources team as a Safety Coordinator.
This position provides support and expertise to the operating, maintenance and support staff organizations within NG Resources. The Safety Coordinator will provide safety direction, oversight and leadership on various construction sites. The position should set the tone for a positive safety culture and coordinate with on-site superintendents, project coordinators and foremen.
- Managing general industry and safety objectives by orienting, training, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; communicating corporate safety expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising safety performance contributions; and adhering to corporate safety policies and procedures.
- Manage safety of sub-contractors by monitoring and auditing safety performance.
- Contribute to meeting local, state and federal standards by use of inspections and reviews, and coordinate with project manager and site managers to ensure safety compliance.
- Approve construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases.
- Prevent fines and interruptions by complying with and enforcing codes and regulations.
- Maintain safe, secure and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging safety practices and standards, and participate in educational opportunities.
- Enhance organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Bilingual preferred
- Microsoft Office capable
- Safety management
- Supervision, delegation
- Attention to detail
- Quality focus
- OHSA 501 Trainer Card