The QA/QC Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Quality Management System (QMS) is fully implemented in an organized and efficient manner. The QA/QC Manager is responsible for delegating and assigning tasks to supervisors and working closely with related engineering, construction, fabrication and other departments.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee project quality to ensure compliance to codes, standards, equipment specific specifications and QMS requirements.
- Advancing quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Managing the development and implementation of the QMS for planning, fabrication, examination, documentation and operations activities including:
- Planning duties within the QA/QC staff and related work schedules.
- Establishing service standards for end users (i.e. internal department or external customer).
- Identifying and developing QA/QC personnel certification requirements and continuing education/training needs.
- Providing leadership, mentorship and direction for all QA/QC and fabrication personnel.
- Taking full responsibility for hold-point releases once all QMS functions have been completed and the equipment is ready to go to the next work stage.
- Managing shop integrity through a failure analysis reporting and following up with recommendations.
- Oversee supervision of all visual and other nondestructive examinations; including all 3rd-party subcontractors.
- Managing examination and testing plans for all new fabrication, repair work and alterations.
- Identify and develop solutions to correct inspection function deficiencies.
- Manage fabrication processes, equipment, inspection and NG Resources Corporation personnel certification and internal audits.