We are looking for a QC Technician COR to join our team. This position reports to the Quality Manager. The QCT will perform all activities required to ensure that all products are fit for their purpose and meet customer expectations, as directed by the QCM. Their activities ensure the quality of site installations is consistent with the company’s policy requirements.
Essential duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Witness and perform 100 percent visual checks on all shipments leaving NGR facilities.
- Ensure Certificate of Release is completed on all shipments leaving NGR facilities.
- Elaborating and coordinating quality control/assurance specifications, codes and standards.
- Coordination with the field craft and supervisors for all quality assurance procedure specifications and reports.
- Review cause and effects of defects and take remedial actions.
- Coordination with the field subcontractors and third-party inspection companies.
- Review of all NDT reports on a daily basis.
- Perform regular QA/QC audits.
- Witnessing of qualifications testing and procedures qualification testing.
- Reviewing of all summary reports.
- Checking test packages for NDT compliance prior to testing.
- Selection of item for non-destructive testing.
- Recording and listing of defective items following testing.
- Review day-to-day applications for x-raying of items.
- Coordinate the issue of non-conformance reports through the site QC manager.
- Complete site quality instructions to sub-contractors when required.
High school diploma, GED or formal vocational training is preferred.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years work-related experience
- The ability to read and write English
- The ability to read and understand pressure vessel engineered drawings
- Measure and materials to within 1/16″
- Thorough understanding of all company safety and environmental practices
- Works in a safe manner
- Strong quality focus
- Willing to attend training classes
- Be reliable, dependable and able to work overtime when required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.